2006 Toyota Corolla

I am starting this cross country trip in my 2006 5 speed Toyota Corolla S, which I hate.  It is reliable, gets great gas mileage, only needs oil changes, in a word ….boring.  The sound system in this car is terrible and it is very noisy.  I will probably have this car forever because I hate it.

1. Mileage: 87,000
  2. Tires:  ??? – I am going to Les Schwab today – one mechanic told me the tires are good for another 20,000 miles and another said the back tires were shot.
  3. Wipers:  streaking, they have been streaking since I bought this car.
  4. Brakes: 40%
  5. Fluids – oil changed, cooling system flushed, washer fluid full

I stopped by Bassitt Auto in Beaverton and had them give it a good inspection, they checked my brakes,  fluids, tires and said I was good to go. I stopped into Accurate Auto in Hillsboro this week for an oil change, they said I needed new back tires.   I will keep you updated on miles driven, gas mileage and anything else that happens to the car, which I hate.

Advertisements

1. Posted by Arleen Girotti on March 9, 2011 at 11:22 am

You forgot to mention that you hate that car

2. Let’s get this show on the road. If two people say you need new rear tires you probably need new rear tires. I wanna go camping. Question: in an emergency can you recline your car seats and sleep comfortably in your car?

Were I doing what you’re doing I suppose I’d have a gun tucked away somewhere in my gear box.

3. Posted by Shigemi on March 9, 2011 at 12:04 pm

Cathy – I am getting excited just thinking about you getting on the road with Edgar. I will vicariously be riding with you all the way. Good Luck and write often!!

4. Posted by Arleen Girotti on March 9, 2011 at 12:05 pm

I agree with the gun comment !!

5. Posted by Ruth Coyne on March 9, 2011 at 1:42 pm

Cathy–do you hate your car? 🙂
    You’ll definitely be ready for a new one when you get back!

6. Gun. Agree with the gun! You should never talk behind someones back. It always gets back to them you know. Go ahead, tell your car that you are Very Sorry and didn’t mean it. Go ahead …

7. Posted by Jim on March 10, 2011 at 1:31 am

If it was me…I would get some inexpensive tires at Les Schwab, before leaving. You don’t need 80,000 mile Michelins…however…newer tires as opposed to worn, unsafe tires makes sense.

8. Posted by Richard Michel on March 10, 2011 at 7:13 am

Tires are important, but you can get them anywhere. If you take a penny turned upside down the tread should be deep enough to reach Lincoln’s head. If not, I’d replace them.

• Les Schwab technician said “I would let my sister drive on these tires, although I don’t really like my sister.” So 2 out of 3 car guys voted and the winners are Bassitt Auto and Les Schwab – drive it!! They do sell tires all across America and I have AAA Plus. Cathy