Change of Perspective

Today is my 54th Birthday.  How did that happen so quickly?  My niece is graduating from COLLEGE in May, my baby sister is closing in on 50.  WTF!

The journey begins heading south on 101 on my way to San Francisco to spend a few weeks chilling on my sister’s boat, tough duty 🙂

Your input will help guide me.   I expected my first hike to be Saddle Mountain, the tallest peak in the Coast Range, but a few feet of snow make it a bit dangerous, so I am heading farther south.   Tonight camping will be at Beverly Beach just north of Newport, OR.

Camping my way through North America is the plan, destinations unknown.   Visiting National and State Parks, writing this blog, photography and hiking are the agenda, everything else is up in the air.

Come explore with me………….

Advertisements

1. Posted by Nora on March 14, 2011 at 7:21 am

Happy Birthday. Be safe but enjoy.

2. Posted by karen on March 14, 2011 at 8:46 am

Hi Cathy,

Hope you have a good time but please be safe. We all care about you. For your safety it is not a good idea to share where you are going for any WACKO to see. There are too many crazy people in the world who will be able to find you. Best to share where you’ve been.

3. Your’re on your way! Wahoooo! Happy Birthday! Have fun and be safe. I bet Edgar is excited to be on the road, as well as you.

4. Posted by Arleen Girotti on March 14, 2011 at 9:36 am

I like Karen’s idea about sharing where you have been rather than where you are going — Please be safe Cathy and check in often.

5. Posted by Mack Dolsen on March 14, 2011 at 11:22 am

Exciting stuff. I would definitely take some extra time along the S. Oregon and N. California coast. So much to see and do amongst the redwoods. Oh, and be sure to get your photo taken with Paul and Babe at the Trees of Mystery!

6. Happy Birthday Honey!
    I’m thinking of you. Glad you decided to by pass Saddle Mountain. Beautiful in spring. Not as much now. Got really lost up there once. Never go off the trails! Anywhere!
    I love your posts. I actually hear your voice in my mind. WTF 🙂

7. Should share with key people where you are going do they can keep ttack of you!

8. Posted by Jim Grammer on March 14, 2011 at 8:41 pm

Happy Birthday girl!!! 8^)

9. Posted by Sharon Holloway on March 14, 2011 at 8:45 pm

Happy Birthday I hope you get some cake somewhere along your journey.

10. Posted by Arleen Girotti on March 15, 2011 at 7:31 am

How was your first night ? Were you comfortable? I bet you have a feeling of peace not having to run the rat race for awhile !!

11. Posted by Linda on March 15, 2011 at 8:48 am

Hi Cuz! You go girl! I’m so excited to read about your adventures.

12. Posted by Dean Markasky on March 17, 2011 at 2:47 pm

Happy Birthday Cathy!!!!!
    I’m reading this on St. Patrick’s Day and I’m reminded to send you an ecard. Now, where’s your email address (it was on that card you gave me… somewhere on my desk… I’ll get back to you.)