Bandon to Harris Beach State Park

A few miles south of Bandon is the West Coast Game Park Safari. I got to pet a Caracal which is an African Desert Lynx.   The park is totally self-supporting and is dedicated to propagation, preservation and education, while reminding all that extinction lasts forever.  Well worth the $16.00 adult admission.
It took several hours to drive from Bandon to Harris Beach State Park because I stopped at each viewpoint, one more beautiful than the next.  Arch Rock, Rainbow Rock and House Rock to name a few.
We pulled into Harris Beach around 3:00 and it actually stopped raining long enough to set up the tent and make a hot dinner.
There is a chipmunk visiting me he decided to come into the tent and steal Edgar’s food.   Edgar is looking at him like “what the hell” he is not quite sure what to do and is reluctant to get out of bed to chase it.  Edgar believes in sharing.
I need to get the camera ready, missed the chipmunk, raccoon and 3 deer who came into camp.

Advertisements

1. What? Where was your camera? You had better keep that on you at all times! We want pictures! 🙂 Glad you got your tent set up a a meal made without rain. Sounds like a fun day; Admiring all the beauty and visiting exotic animals! Nice Edgar for sharing.

2. What kind of terrier is that, that would let a chipmunk go undisturbed???

3. Posted by Mariah on March 18, 2011 at 5:59 pm

I wasn’t sure the game park was still there. When I was little we went there at least once every other year.

I’m glad you’re have such a great time on your adventure. The pictures are great.

4. Posted by Karen Seymore on March 18, 2011 at 6:13 pm

Enjoyed meeting and talking with you at Fred Meyers. Glad you were finally able to get online! We’ll be following your blog, and hope you have a great time!

Ray & Karen

5. Posted by Karen Seymore on March 18, 2011 at 6:16 pm

Forgot to mention – Ray said to tell you that falling out of his chair was NOT one of most graceful moments! Hope your day is going better and you finally get some dry weather.

6. I’m really love “traveling” with you! It takes me out of the day to day and into your adventures! I’ll have to visit that game park. I didn’t even know about it!

7. Posted by Jim Serra on March 18, 2011 at 8:55 pm

You are one adventuroust gal! Suzi sent me your update. I think when you find your pot of gold you should write a book.

8. Posted by Sonya on March 19, 2011 at 11:49 am

I have never heard of that park. Put it on the list of things to do. Thanks for the info. I could just see Edgar with a quizzical stare at that chipmunk. Probably expecting you to do something about this intruder. Come on Mom…….