Hillsboro, OR to Sausalito, CA

I really wanted to take my time driving from Hillsboro to Sausalito.  The rain and cold weather pushed me, which makes having no set schedule quite nice.

I arrived in Sausalito Monday afternoon. The sun was shining!

I am lucky enough to be able to stay aboard my brother-in-law’s sloop for a couple weeks.  Edgar walked happily down the dock and I lifted him, by his convenient life vest handle, on board.

Mid April, the boat is being dry docked for a couple days and I am going camping.  Where is your favorite place to camp and hike near Sausalito/SanFrancisco?

1. Hi Cathy – If you make it to San Luis Obispo, check out Montana de Oro. It’s awesome! It’s around 250 miles south of where you are now, just outside of Los Osos.

2. Yea sun and a rocking boat! Also well.

3. Posted by Dean Markasky on March 22, 2011 at 10:58 pm

Cool picture of Commodore Edgar!

4. I don’t have suggestions about hiking, but, as you make your way down the California coast, I suggest you stop and eat at Brophy Bros. Seafood Restaurant in Santa Barbara (http://www.brophybros.com/find-us). It’s really more like a bar over some shops 😉 They have (or used to) great clams & chips.

5. Posted by Michele on March 23, 2011 at 10:27 am

So glad to hear you landed safely in Sausalito. I can’t wait to hear what you think of the boating life. I am sure you will meet some interesting characters and who knows as with my case Mr Right can show up when you least expect it or you couldn’t care less.

6. Posted by Brandy Braun on March 23, 2011 at 3:51 pm

Hi Cathy!
    Best wishes too you! I’ll keep checking out your adventures!

7. Posted by JohnD on March 23, 2011 at 4:39 pm

Go back North a little bit to Inverness. Haven’t been there in years, but when I was there, I expected hobbits and elves to be there…hiding from me, of course.

8. Posted by J@W Mayer on March 24, 2011 at 3:22 pm

Jul talked to your Mom today 24 Mar. we send prayers, take care of yoreself not everbody is a friend, keep in touch love Jul@ Walt@Tera

9. Posted by J@W Mayer on March 30, 2011 at 4:42 pm

Beth Klemmer was here and would like to get in touch with you, she lives in Indeanola WA. I have her E-mail address if you want it Love Uncle Walt Take care