Customer Service, Product Quality and Pricing

It finally quit raining and my sister brought her dog, Jack, over to the boat.  We walked to Caldonia Street in Sausalito and I went into Caffe DiVino for two cappuccino’s.  While waiting for my coffee, I overheard a conversation.

“I couldn’t believe it” he said “after all I paid my chicken was dried out, they did a crappy job wrapping it, I am sick of that place.”  I turned around and said “Could you be talking about Mollie Stone’s?”

Wednesday night I stopped in Mollie Stone’s and bought a forbidden piece of $4.00 cake.  I expect a $4.00 slice of cake to be worth the calories.  When I put my plastic fork into it, ahhhhhh, blue, disgusting, fuzzy mold inside the icing.

Thursday afternoon my sister was putting away some groceries she bought at Mollie Stone’s and the  Aidelle’s Sausage, which we both love, was – you guessed it – slimy and moldy.

Mollie Stone’s pricing places them in the “boutique” category of grocery stores.  They are convenient to the docks.    Most people will pay a little more for cleanliness, convenience and great customer service, but the quality of the product is the foundation and Mollie Stone’s is crumbling and moldy.

p.s. The cappuccino at Caffe DiVino was scrumptious.

Advertisements

1. Posted by Fiona on March 25, 2011 at 6:34 pm

Oh gosh… that must have been terrible. We used to go to Mollie Stone’s for things and everything was fine. Let’s just hope that you aren’t sick!!!

2. That’s enough to turn you off cake for a while!! Pretty gross! Glad you had some time with your Sis out of the rain!!

3. Posted by Recipe Chefs on March 25, 2011 at 8:26 pm

I love food, and I really enjoy reading your blog very much thank you for sharing this post. Feel free to check out our recipes.

Delicious Coffee Rolls

4. Posted by Jean on March 25, 2011 at 9:17 pm

Little did Mollie Stone’s know that when they sold you moldy frosting and your sister slimy sausage they would be posted on this blog which many of us will use as a guide for our future travels! Too bad for them!!

5. Posted by debbie on March 26, 2011 at 5:21 am

nothing worse than mouldey sausage!!!!!!! I prefer De LUCA’s brand

6. Posted by Michele on March 28, 2011 at 8:01 am

Sounds like a ” They don’t care they don’t have to” scenario. At least now you know where not to go for goodies.