What is that smell?

I had the most wonderful morning!  I met a new friend, he was very low to the ground, black with a white stripe and he smelled wonderful!  I went over to him and he shared his smell with me.  I am such a lucky dog.   My mom thought he smelled wonderful too, she keeps saying, “oh my, Edgar, you smell”.

Mom is talking to the nice people next to us about leaving me with them while she goes to the store and they are making funny faces and laughing about my wonderful smell.  Maybe I will go and get my new friend and bring him back to the boat dock so everyone can meet him.

I am such a lucky dog.

Edgar

1. Posted by Nora on April 1, 2011 at 12:13 pm

hydrogen peroxide is the way!!! It is in all of our dog magazines when traveling with dogs. At least he wont become a different color!

2. Posted by Shigemi on April 1, 2011 at 12:34 pm

Edgar needed to make four-legged friends and have fun on this trek,too, just like his mom. Tomato juice anyone?

3. Good boy, Edgar! Keep it up!

4. Posted by Arleen Girotti on April 1, 2011 at 12:44 pm

Was Edgar’s friend named Pepe Lepeaux 🙂

5. The “recipe” is hydrogen peroxide, a small amt. of baking soda, and a few drops of dishwashing liquid. Eau de skunk is an alkaline, so it takes an acid to neutralize it. The recipe above is quite acidic, so don’t get it near his face. Leave it sit for a few minutes if you can, then rinse it off really well and give him a regular bath. Unfortunately dogs often get a blast in the face, so he may not quite smell like a rose until that wears off, but at least he will be tolerable in the car. And…his fur will be the whitest you’ve ever seen! I grew up smelling that lovely scent on a regular basis, as skunks would get hit by cars at night, and the smell would linger in the air. One of the things I don’t miss about living in CA.

6. And here you were wondering what to do with your time!! Edgar knows. Find some new friends!!! That’s my boy!

7. Posted by Laura Baxter on April 1, 2011 at 9:35 pm

Way to go Edgar! Glad you are making new “friends”. 🙂

8. Posted by Mike Holcomb on April 2, 2011 at 9:30 am

Edger, way to go. Meet new and interesting friends, look around, digg into things and have fun. Mama is having fun, especially right now.