Golden Boy II

When I woke up yesterday morning a gigantic yacht was parked at the end of my dock.

3 stories, probably about 150 feet long, gleaming white with all kinds of electronic stuff sticking out the top and blocking my view.  There was a guy standing outside of it smoking a cigarette so I walked over to take a closer look.

Golden Boy II was named after the grandson of the real estate mogul who was, apparently, the original Golden Boy.  With real estate being what it is right now that must be a hefty title to wear, Golden Boy.  I shuddered, thinking it was just as bad as President, maybe worse, at least with President you ran for the title.  With Golden Boy II you were just lucky enough to be born 3rd in line to inherited hard work.

What, if like the bunny in Hop, you didn’t want to be Easter Bunny?  or Golden Boy?

There are some titles we choose for ourselves, Mom, Dad, Teacher, Doctor, Writer, mostly titles we love because they are who we are and what we do best.   I wonder if Golden Boy II had the choice?

p.s. when I woke up this morning Golden Boy II was gone so I didn’t get a photo, sorry.

Advertisements

1. Wow, provocotive! Very interesting. Glad, though, that Golden Boy II was gone this morning so that you could have your view back!

2. Posted by Linda on April 22, 2011 at 9:16 am

Ah well… two ships that passed in the night…

3. Posted by Arleen Girotti on April 22, 2011 at 9:57 am

You can call me anything you want if I can live on a 150 ft Yacht ! Beats sitting in a cubicle 40 hours per week. Wish I was born Golden Girl 11 🙂

4. I think that happiness is won, not bought. People tend to forget this. You can find it at any state, but if you expect it by right, you may not find it at all. I have happy in a bundle coming up my front stairs right now! My Grandson!

5. I am finding happy in traveling and meeting new people, a different view on others lives, truly less is more – especially if you have to stuff it all into the trunk of a car 🙂

6. I need to give more stuff to the Good Will. I’m making that a part of my weekly plan. I couldn’t fit what I have in bathrooms into my trunk! One room at a time (starting with the bathrooms!)
    See, what a great example you are!

7. Posted by Janet Barton on April 24, 2011 at 8:06 am

I like that, buy less, live more!

8. Posted by ann on April 25, 2011 at 9:23 am

I’m guessing goldenboy 2 could have walked away from the name, but position and pride are hard things to walk away from.

9. Really enjoying your blog Kathy!