Squirrel Attack

Getting up in the morning, I noticed the roof of the car was left open.  Opening the door and sitting down to start the car to close the roof really scared the dickens out of the squirrel sitting in my backseat enjoying a delicious organic d’anjou pear.  He scrambled up over the head rest and out the way he came in, scaring the dickens out of me!

All I had left of the encounter were some footprints on my car and chewed pear bits and hunks.  The attack occurred on the poor pears, it could have been worse….

1. Posted by Laura Baxter on October 28, 2011 at 11:24 am

Wow, Halloween is here! 🙂 Has your heart recovered yet? I hope you set those pears out so he could finish them up?

2. Posted by Arleen on October 28, 2011 at 11:35 am

That is hilarious –lucky he didnt bite you out of fear ! Hopefully he stored some in his cheeks for later 🙂

3. Posted by Nora on October 28, 2011 at 12:43 pm

Life near and in the woods attracts wild life. Glad it wasn’t a black bear. Did you put the remains out for him to finish?

4. Posted by Janet Barton on October 28, 2011 at 4:22 pm

Where was your fearless side-kick, Edgar?

5. Posted by Tom W. on October 28, 2011 at 4:31 pm

Hi Cathy, I think you probably scared the squirrel as bad as he did you. Hope all is well with you. Went down the other day and closed camp for the winter. The roof in the old cabin is leaking pretty bad so it won’t be long for the place. See ya, take care.

6. Poor little squirrel. He was all relaxed and dry munching on a pear and some big “Monster” came in a scared the heck out of him!!!

7. Posted by Ruth Coyne on October 31, 2011 at 2:30 pm