Living the life you choose

It is amazing how many people live day to day, unhappy, unfulfilled, wishing their life was different. As we once again enter a new year it is time for renewal, to take the steps to make the changes to live a life fulfilled.

It took a nasty divorce, losing everything, a year of wandering to find my perfect life. 2013 ended totally screwed, I lost my beloved brother-in-law and sister within 3 short weeks of each other. Still, I live a life of my own choosing, volunteering as an Oregon Park Host and working as a Direct Support Professional for developmentally disabled folks. I changed my life from the pursuit of the almighty dollar to pursuit of making other peoples lives better. And I am fulfilled.

My heart, although broken with the losses, is still full. I know time will heal. I drove to Ecola State Park on Christmas Day – a place that fills my soul, stood at the edge of the cliff and gave thanks to the universe for my joy.

In this age of television, telling us what we need, blaring at us what we should look like, demanding that we spend our dollars to stave off aging, it is understandable why so many people feel less than their true worth.

I have been so greatly blessed to enjoy a body that works, a quick mind, a roof, a bed, food….. things that so many on earth do not have…. I am going to start the new year giving thanks for what I have, changing the things that suck and enjoying each day…… Happy New Year!

CathyCathyEdgar at Ecola

1. I am so sorry for your losses.

You are a good soul!

Happy New Year Cathy!

2. Posted by Jim on January 2, 2014 at 12:17 am

Cathy, my deepest condolences and sympathies. Thank you for being the Sis, that I always wanted! May this New Year 2014, supply you with endless adventure, enjoyable challenges, peace and happiness. Jim

3. Life is an interesting journey. So many lessons to learn. So many adventures to be had. Wishing you a New Happy Year in 2014 Cathy.

4. Posted by Jamie Wilcox on January 2, 2014 at 7:14 am

So good to hear from you, it’s been awhile.
    I think the hardest part about getting older, for me, is all my friends and family are getting older also, hence I am going to more funerals. It doesn’t get any easier saying good-by.
    Cheers to a New Year!

5. A wonderful attitude for the New Year! Happy that you’re posting again. Love, Victoria.

6. Posted by Ruby Pickles on October 28, 2014 at 2:29 pm

Hi Cathy; I hope you remember me.. I’m Ruby Pickles Arleen one of my dearest friends and co worker, which i miss everyday.. I wanted to reach out and say hello.. i have lost yours, Janet’s and Fiona’s contact information.. Fiona and i were reaching out pretty much on a weekly to monthly basis and then about June when i got my new phone i lost hers, yours and Janets information.. I wanted to say hello and ask if you might have Fiona’s contact info and if you feel ok giving it to me.. if not please reach out to her and tell her I miss hearing from her and many of the people here at Bridgewell ask about her and send their love . We all love her and Miss Arleen and Aldo.. As Nov approaches they are on our minds as I’m sure is the same for you.. I would love to see you sometime at the coast or if you come to the City we shoudl make a plan.. Just know we are all thinking of you, your family and Mom i hope all is well with her too and send our love.. my contact info is cell 503 312 5066 work 866 944 1173 rpickles@bridgewellres.com .. take care looking forward to hearing from you 🙂